MEASURING OUR VISITOrs
We measure visitors to our website using tools such as Google Analytics. These tools record what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
Banana Split take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
- Hardware stored in secured data centres behind firewalls
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
- Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit our websites (directly or via our applications). We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- Identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers
- Eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
- Enabling you to move more easily around our sites and applications
- Tracking your use of our sites to better develop our sites and applications in accordance with your requirements
- Building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind, though, that if you delete them, any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset when you next log in.
You will be able to use our websites and applications even if your browser is not set to accept cookies. However, certain features and content may not be available to you and you will have to log in every time you visit.
Your privacy is important to us.This Policy tells you what Expert Mortgage Solutions does with the information you provide and how we protect your privacy. It also explains your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations.Collecting Information And Protecting Your PrivacyExpert Mortgage Solutions is committed to protecting your privacy. As we would like you to be a lifetime client, we need to earn your trust and assure you that we will keep your personal information confidential and secure and only for as long as is necessary.We will use it with care and it will only be shared in the ways explained in this Policy, or if we are required to by Law or the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).Your personal information will only be held for as long as necessary and collected for the purposes of introducing you to a suitable Brokerage who can provide you with the products and services you are looking for. In addition, we will make every effort to ensure that the information you provide is recorded accurately and that it is only passed to companies who comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). If it is required to send your information abroad, we will only do so to countries within the European Union (EU) or to a third country that the EU has determined provides an adequate level of protection and where you are able to exercise your rights to access your personal information under the GDPR.Controlling And Using Your Personal InformationA Data Controller is someone who determines the purposes for and the manner in which your personal data should be processed.
We use your information in a variety of ways:
- To introduce you to a range of products and services offered by the companies we are associated with (or may be associated with in the future).
- To help with administration.
- To contact you with details of changes.
- For business analysis and research.
- For marketing products and services, we think may be suitable for you (unless you ask us not to send you this information).
- To comply with the Law and/or FCA requirements.
- To verify your identity by searching publicly available records held by credit reference agencies.
To prevent fraud and money laundering we may pass your details to other companies, public bodies including the police or to an insurer’s database. Insurance companies can search databases for any relevant information that exists about you.
We therefore process your data because it is necessary for:
- The performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- Compliance with legal obligations to which we as the controller are subject.
None of the information gathered about you will be used in automatic decision making.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have certain rights under the GDPR.
These include the right to:
- Ask for a free copy of your personal information in a portable format.
- Stop us sending you marketing material about products and services.
- Have any incorrect information we hold about you corrected.
- Ask us to restrict processing of your personal data.
As the processing of your personal information is necessary for a legal obligation placed upon us by the FCA and may be required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, we will not be able to permanently delete your personal information until the end of the period we have deemed necessary.
IF YOU CONTACT US
When you contact us we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address. We may also collect and store information about your use of our website to help improve our website in the future.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY